I got my master’s degree in Corporate Communication and Media at the University of Salerno with a thesis in Linguistics and new media entitled “PoliModalCorpus: verso la creazione della prima risorsa italiana di dominio politico”.
I am currently a third-year PhD student in Language, Politics and Educational Science with a focus on Communication Science at the University of Salerno under the supervision of Prof. Annibale Elia.
Starting from March 2019 I am a Visiting PhD student in the Digital Humanities group of Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK) Trento under the supervision of Sara Tonelli. Here I am carrying out my research project entitled “Development and annotation of an Italian multimodal corpus in the political domain”. The goal of this project is to create a linguistic resource in Italian to study the evolution of political communication and some related mechanisms such as persuasion. Currently the resource is online and can be downloaded at https://github.com/dhfbk/InMezzoraDataset.
The realization of my research project and the experience in the Digital Humanities group allowed me to develop some specific skills in the field of corpus linguistics and Natural Language Processing, ranging from XML-TEI annotation to textual statistics.
- TROTTA, Daniela; TONELLI, Sara; ANNIBALE, Elia. Spoken language traits in the political domain: a corpus-based study. Studi Italiani di Linguistica Teorica e Applicata (SILTA) (under review).
- TROTTA, Daniela; TONELLI, Sara. Le interiezioni nel parlato politico: un esperimento computazionale; Congresso Internazionale del Gruppo di Studi sulla Comunicazione Parlata "La comunicazione parlata 2020" (May 5-7, 2021).
- TROTTA, Daniela; APROSIO PALMERO, Alessio; TONELLI, Sara; APROSIO PALMERO, Alessio; ELIA, Annibale. Adding Gesture, Posture and Facial Displays to the PoliModal Corpus of Political Interviews; 12th Edition of its Language Resources and Evaluation Conference. LREC, 2020. pp. 4320-4326.
- TROTTA, Daniela; TONELLI, Sara; APROSIO PALMERO, Alessio; ELIA, Annibale. Annotation and Analysis of the PoliModal Corpus of Political Interviews; Proceedings of the Sixth Italian Conference on Computational Linguistics (Bari, November 13-15, 2019) *Special mention Best Paper Award
- PELOSI, Serena; TROTTA, Daniela; MAISTO, Alessandro. Verbal and Non-verbal Markers for the Analysis of Political Discourse; Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Social Networks Analysis, Management and Security (SNAMS). IEEE, 2019. p. 435-440.
- TROTTA, Daniela; STINGO, Michele; ALBANESE, Teresa; GUARASCI, Raffaele; ELIA, Annibale. Multi-Word Expressions in spoken language: PoliSdict; Proceedings of the Fifth Italian Conference on Computational Linguistics (Turin, December 10-12, 2018).